The Math Forum

Topic: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
Replies: 20   Last Post: Sep 5, 2014 4:14 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:31:23 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Alright, let me begin making lists:

Of course we have 1+1=2

> 1+4 =5 and we have 4-1=3
>

> 4+9=13 and we have 9-4=5
>

> 25+4=29 and we have 16-9=7
>

> 25+16=41 and we have 36-25=11
>

> 49+4=53 and we have 49-36=13
>

> So it looks like we get about as many additions to make primes as subtraction.
>

> Now I wonder if the Pythagorean theorem has some role in this conjecture because as we notice the square roots of perfect squares:
>

> 5+2=7 from sqrt25+sqrt4
>

> A proof of the Conjecture appears to be independent of the proof of Goldbach.

Independent but using a key aspect of the AP-Postulate that between successive perfect-squares lies at least two primes.

I am confident the conjecture is true, which leaves for a intriguing proof in that as the primes get larger the spacing between primes increases and the spacing between perfect squares increases. For example at 3 to 5 is a spacing of 2 units but at 23 to 29 is a spacing of 6 units. And for perfect squares from 4 to 9 is a spacing of 5 but at 81 to 100 is a spacing of 19.

The baffling part of the conjecture and its proof when forthcoming is how and why perfect-squares are related to primes. It is not at all obvious that perfect squares are aligned in some orderly fashion with primes.

Now there is a Trivial Conjecture of primes and perfect-squares if we admit 0=0^2 as a perfect square, so that if you listed all the perfect squares 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, etc etc and then you have a formula of Prime = sqrt(perfect-square) +0 and deleting all nonprimes.

My conjecture is more substantial in that I have Prime = Perfect-square_1 + or - Perfect-square_2

The proof is not going to be easy.

This conjecture seems to be an original conjecture for I see nothing remotely similar in the literature.

AP{

Date Subject Author
8/7/14
Read professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/9/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/12/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/14/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/16/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/20/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read you tdo trivial better than any thing
Brian Q. Hutchings
9/4/14
Read new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect
squares #2019 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect
squares #2020 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read 439 and does it have perfect squares? Re: new Conjecture Primes the
sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read conjecture still holding up Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or
subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read Starting to piece together of proof of this Conjecture-- add or
subtract two perfect squares yields all the primes
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read Proof of the Conjecture-- subtract two perfect squares yields all the
primes beyond 3 #2020 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/16/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
Dan Christensen