Topic: How do I change the grid linestyle?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Apr 7, 2004 11:18 AM

Brett Shoelson

Re: How do I change the grid linestyle?

Jens Benecke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after solving the EPS export problem I've got another one. I want
> my grid in
> simple 2d-plots (and xyplots etc) to be "solid light gray"
> (something like
> #cccccc), instead of the usual dotted black, because a) this
> interferes
> with text(), and b) it gets blurry when converted to PDF and viewed
> with a
> PDF viewer.
>
> I searched the Matlab help site but I cannot find anything there to
> change
> the style of the grid in plots.
>
> I'd appreciate any ideas. ;)
>

> --
> Jens Benecke (jens at spamfreemail.de)
> - Europaweite kostenlose Mitfahrzentrale
> - 100% saubere Postfächer - garantiert!
>
> PHP ab 9? - SSH ab 19? - günstiger Traffic
> .
> Please DO NOT CC: me, I read the lists and newsgroups I post in!

Try setting the 'xcolor' and 'ycolor' properties of the axes to, for
example, [0.5 0.5 0.5]. (Note that this will also set your axes ticks
and tick labels to light gray.
HTH,
Brett