Date: Oct 3, 2017 6:30 PM
Author: Jan Burse
Subject: Re: Finally the discussion is over: S = Lim S is a bad definition.

BTW: It took me 2 minutes to find a sequence notation
in the works of Euler, maybe further examples can
be found. I used this website:

In 1910 and 1913, Swedish Mathematician Gustav
Eneström completed a comprehensive survey of
Euler's works. He counted and enumerated 866
distinct works, including books, journal articles,
and some letters he deemed to be especially important.
Each of these was assigned a number, from E1 to
E866, which is now referred to as the "Eneström
number." Most historical scholars today use
Eneström numbers to identify Euler's
writings quickly."

The sequence notation I found is not perfect,
since later in his paper he stops with his
mortality considerations at age=100.

But I guess everybody gets the idea...?!