Date: Sep 17, 1993 11:56 AM
Author: Tom McDougal
Subject: Re: posting pictures?

In article <packer-150993104919@excalibur.swarthmore.edu> Asa Packer,
packer@forum.swarthmore.edu writes:
>...We are
>writing a newsreader from scratch, not just putting picture support into

an
>existing reader, and we need to get the basic reader working before we
can
>put picture support into it. We are making progress toward that,
although

Why did it seem better to rewrite from scratch? I might have thought
that Nuntius would be a reasonable platform on which to build a
newsreader-with-pictures, since already it makes use of external
programs for editing articles and has code for extracting binaries.
Source code is available. The author might also have been willing to
assist.

I don't mean to distract you from your efforts. I'm just curious.

-Tom