Date: Apr 3, 1995 8:10 PM
Author: Lois B. Burke
Subject: Re: Serra's _Discovering Geometry_

I have found many good things in both books but also have
complaints with both. I like some of the activities in the
Serra book while I love the problems in the McDougal book. I
use the McDougal book in an Honors Geometry class. I do
supplement with my own notes for the kids. Many textbooks seem
to try their hardest to muddy what could otherwise be clear
water! Everyone seems to have their own ideas and style - i.e.
their own book preferences! Its a shame some of these writers
can't get together and do a book! How terrific for the students!