Date: Jul 27, 1995 2:41 PM
Author: claran einfeldt
Subject: diagraming sentences

        Does anyone wonder if there's an English discussion group going on
right now that is discussing the merits of some mathematical concept they
learned in high school? I can't help remember a quote from a friend that
was taking a higher level Real Analysis class. She was studying to become
a college professor. She came into my office following her class and we
were discussing the usefulness of some of the higher level, more abstract
math classes. I have never forgotten her final statement:

"The only thing I will ever use this stuff for is to teach it to
people who will never use it."

Don't ya love it?
Claran Einfeldt