Date: May 26, 1995 2:11 PM
Author: Lisa Owen
Subject: elementary teachers

10 days ago I posted a message saying that I was looking for elementary
teachers who used exciting, innovative approaches while teaching
mathematics. I have gotten some wonderful responses and am in the process
of communicating with many of those who responded.

This information will go into a book, a book that will describe the actions
of these teachers.

I have had a strong response from the northeast and the midwest...and have
some connections to teachers in the south. BUT, no one from the
southwestern or the western region of the U.S. has responded.

I would like to talk to someone who incorporates some type of writing
experiences into mathematics instruction......BUT, I would be interested in
hearing about any activity or any topic that takes place during mathematics
time.

Any body?

Thank you,
Lisa