Date: Jul 31, 1995 9:14 AM
Author: Ben Preddy
Subject: Positive Interdependence

        I am a high school math teacher.  Last year I experiemented with
cooperative learning, and was very pleased with the results.
As I continue to read on the topic the concept of "positive
interdependence" is frequently indicated as a significant attribute. Some
authors believe it is the most important attribute.
I find little information on how to create this atmosphere. I
would be interested in hearing what strategies you have tried in this area,
and how/when were they effective, or conversely, not effective.
Thanks in advance.

Ben