Date: Jun 5, 1995 10:50 AM
Author: Annie Fetter
Subject: Alright, people.  Enough.

Okay, boys and girls.  Enough.  Talk about the Standards.  Talk about the
math classroom. We're not anymore. We're talking about baseball and who
said what on the list last year and repeating over and over again that we
have a right to say whatever we want. Let's all try to refocus and see if
we can keep the quality of the list at a high level.

Yes, there is a such a thing as free speech. But when a (for the most
part) back-and-forth argument generates 50 messages, it's often not
evolving any more, and has long since passed the point of productivity.
Let's all try to state our cases clearly, and we won't have to run around
in circles for days.

Also, as a help to others, when you're replying to a post, please try to
delete the unimportant parts of the message to which you're replying. Five
new lines and 50 old make things difficult to read. It also makes the
digest really long and difficult to manage.

And we're obviously going too fast for some people - today I had to
unsubscribe three people whose mailboxes have been full for a week and
can't receive any new mail!

-Annie