Date: Jan 21, 2005 1:01 AM
Author: The Question
Subject: Give me a hint here....

I need a little (okay...maybe alot) of help with the following
problem....
I am NOT looking for the answer...BUT I am looking for a clue on
where to start....
The question is.......
The mayor is planning a new park for the community. The park
will be rectangular in shape and the dimensions will be 500 feet in
legth and 400 feet in width.
(This part of the question is easy to understand...until I
get to the next part.....)
A scale drawing is to be made so that 1/2 inch represents 25
feet. What will be the dimensions of the scale drawing?
(Like I said, I'm NOT looking for the answer...I just need
some guidance as to what to do with the 1/2 inch that represents 25
feet....along with the basic rules of this problem. Thanks.)