Date: Jun 19, 2009 5:50 AM
Author: Pradyumna A
Subject: Image rotation detection probelm

Hello,

I have 2 images. One is the reference image and the other is the rotated version of the reference image. I would like to find what is the angle by which the 2nd image is rotated wrt 1st one. Also in future, the second image will be scaled and translated along with this rotation !. This has to be done automatically (without human interference in selecting feature points etc)

Now to do this I am using Fourier Mellin transform. But this is not accurate and dosent work for all angles :(. Is there any other means to achive this task ?

Is there a Fourier Mellin transform readily implemented on Matlab ?

Thanks in advance,
Ayyala