Date: Aug 5, 2009 3:36 PM
Author: Doug
Subject: measured boundary conditions with pde toolbox

Has anybody tried using the pde toolbox with boundary conditions taken from experimental measurements (ie, not a formula)?

I see that assempde will take as its input either a boundary condition matrix or a boundary M-file, but both seem to give boundary conditions by specifying a simple formula (like x.^2+y.^2, from the example in the help files). I want to solve Poisson's equation using actual experimental data for the Neumann boundary conditions. It would seem reasonable to provide a matrix similar in form to the edge matrix "e", but containing local values of the Neumann boundary condition. Can it be done?

Thanks in advance from a lowly experimentalist to all you pde gurus!