Date: May 26, 2010 3:51 PM
Author: Patty Conigliaro
Subject: Re: Financial Categories

I ahve been thinking of developing a unit, units? around having students really develop and run a small business/fund raiser, etc....
I was thinking they could pick a charity and raise money for it, while really understanding the math involved and how it would apply to bigger companies, and then discuss corporations, and the differences/similarities. Study the costs, graphs, stats , predictions, expectations, etc...associated with the venture. I'd like them to open a bank account in the name and get the banking part of it too....How great to see them present a check to the organization as well!!
Any thoughts or suggestions more than welcomed...