Date: Nov 8, 2010 1:22 PM
Author: Michael de Villiers
Subject: Re: Inclusive and exclusive definitions... again!

Rather than using terminology such as "non-square rectangle" or "non-square rhombuses", etc. I generally prefer to call these shapes 'general' rectangles, 'general' rhombuses, etc. (to distinguish them from the special cases of the squares). In the end it's ALL about communication and ensuring that one's students understands which figures one is talking about.