Date: Jan 31, 2011 3:06 PM
Author: Frantel, Phyllis
Subject: RE: urgent question that needs a response

We offer a 2 year program for our lowest level students.

[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 2:37 PM
Subject: urgent question that needs a response

Our new Principal has decided that beginning in Sept. 2011, our school
will only offer one type of Integrated Algebra Course. In other words,
there will be no 1.5 year program or 2 year program for Integrated
Algebra. By the way, all SPED students are also expected to take the 1
year program. There are absolutely no exceptions! And...the same thing
is being done for Geometry as well.

So my question for you is this: Does your school offer only one level
of Integrated Algebra for ALL students in the building? What do you
think of this plan?

I'm sorry, but I need responses quickly because we are supposed to run
next year's schedules later this week.

Thanks in advance!!!

James Fish

Mathematics Department
JFK High School
305 Cayuga Creek Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
(716)897-7800 ext. 1144

"Mathematics is a key that allows the mind to unlock many doors to the