Date: Nov 9, 2011 8:00 AM
Author: Andre
Subject: Use of generic EtherCAT slave with Xpc Target

Hi,

We would like to implement Xpc with EtherCat control blocs to command Haptic devices. I have some questions concerning the EtherCAT librairies in Simulink:

- first, is there any potential conflict/issues if we use EtherCAT slaves from another manufacturer than Beckhoff? We want to use Elmo drives from the Gold Line (they support CoE).
- Are there any plan to add more network chips to the compatibility list? We have some trouble to find small form factor board (Pc104) for our applications (or any link to such board?).
- The library seems quite new, do someone have feedback/experience using it?

Regards