Date: Dec 3, 2011 10:59 AM
Author: Dmitry Yu. Mitin
Subject: No Putnam spoilers please!

Dear colleagues, dear friends,

Let me remind you that in 2011 William Lowell Putnam Competition takes
place in USA and Canada today on Saturday, 3 December 2011. It is
running from 10:00 a.m. GMT-4 in Atlantic zone till 4:00 p.m. GMT-10
in Hawaii zone. Also some students may take exams on Sunday because of
religious restrictions.

This is why at forum (for example) such conversations are
officially forbidden until Sunday evening, 8:00 p.m EST (5:00 p.m.

Also we are going to organize (unofficially) a local competition in
our university in Ukraine by the problems from Putnam Competition 2011
on Sunday, 4 December 2011. (The day of Saturday in USA and Canada is
the night from Saturday to Sunday in Ukraine.) We would like to start
at 10:00 a.m GMT+2 (3:00 a.m. EST, 0:00 a.m. PST) and finish at 5:00
p.m. GMT+2 (10:00 a.m. EST, 7:00 a.m. PST).

So like previous years let me ask you _NOT TO PUBLISH_ and _NOT TO
DISCUSS_ Putnam problems at least untill that time.

Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards,
Dmytro Mitin,
Assistant Professor, Kyiv Taras Shevchenko National University,
Kyiv, Ukraine.