Date: Feb 10, 2012 12:16 PM
Author: Mateusz Gos
Subject: Re: parameter assessment

Torsten <Torsten.Hennig@umsicht.fraunhofer.de> wrote in message <e4d36cf8-c712-492d-86bd-5375ac756cb7@w19g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>...
> On 10 Feb., 06:40, "Mateusz Gos" <webmaste...@wp.pl> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My question is really somewhere in between COMSOL and MATLAB, but hopefully someone will be able to help me. I am using two expressions to calculate a certain parameter, and the objective is to pick the one that under given conditions gives a result, which is a real number and 0<=x<=1. I can figure out how to make MATLAB do the assesment and pick the value calculated from either of the two expressions, but only using build-in routines and somewhat bulky code. Is there any way of doing it with some smart and simple formula, ideally accepting vector inputs?
> >
> > Any help will be very much appreciated, M.

> And which value do you want to take if both expressions yield a real
> number x with 0<=x<=1 ?
>
> Best wishes
> Torsten.

Thank you for the reply. One of the espressions is bound to meet these cryterias, and to my understanding of the source text ONLY one will. If for some reason I am wrong and both do... well, there would simply be no way of saying which one is correct so I would just pick random one and hope that in the next 'loop' of executing the code the possible errror will be nullified.

Regards,
M.