Date: Apr 10, 2012 9:53 AM
Author: zbmom98
Subject: Help with inadequate math teacher

Hi - It's now April and my daughter's math teacher though quite kind and the kids like him cannot get through the material. He spends an entire double-block on one do-now problem and it's now April and he is months behind schedule. They still have about half the material for the year left. She's in 7th grade and a strong A+ student. She loves math and is motivated. Does anyone have any suggestions for resources and materials to supplement her class? I have a math background and can tutor her but it's hard to cover 1/2 a year of material in addition.
Has anyone had a similar issue? I have attempted to talk to him, but it hasn't helped.