Date: Aug 4, 2012 8:44 AM
Author: mluttgens
Subject: Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture

Le mercredi 1 août 2012 06:35:42 UTC+2, Tim Little a écrit :
> On 2012-07-20, luttgma@gmail.com <luttgma@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Indeed, a sum of two uneven integers, where at least one of its
>
> > terms is not prime, can be transformed into a sum s of primes by
>
> > adding some even integer n to one of its terms and subtracting the
>
> > same n from its other term. Those who disagree could give an
>
> > example where this method doesn?t apply.
>

> Quoted for hilarity. Essentially he's saying, "Goldbach's Conjecture
>
> is proved because you haven't given me a counterexample".
>

> --
>
> Tim

Not exactly, remember what I wrote some time ago:

" I am also almost certain that GC is true, but its validity is not
proved.
In order to demonstrate that it is false, one could show that a sum of
two uneven but not prime numbers cannot be transformed into a sum of
primes by adding and subtracting some even number to/from its terms.
This doesn't seem to be possible, as the number of Goldbach's pairs
increases with the magnitude of the sum (cf. Goldbach Comet), because of an
underlying law.
It is highly improbable that such law would cease to have effect from
some particular number. Mathematical logic could even exclude it."

Marcel Luttgens