Date: Sep 11, 2012 9:27 PM
Author: ElizWaite@aol.com
Subject: Live, Love, Math - AMTNYS Annual Conference 2012

Hello everyone-
I hope everyone is getting excited about the upcoming conference being held in Rye, NY at the Westchester Hilton from Nov 8 - 10, 2012. There are OVER 200!! presentations scheduled (the preliminary flyer that is available at www.amtnys.org is only a small taste of what is available).
Of particular note as we return to school and ponder how to cope with common core, SLO's and dignity act...OH MY!! you may see that we are welcoming Ken Slentz, Associate Commissioner of the New York State Education Dept who will be addressing us on Thursday afternoon.
Also, if you are working on fulfilling your professional development hours, this is really a wonderful opportunity! Right in the final program which you will receive when you attend the conference, we will include a p.d. form that will help you keep track of which sessions you attended, how long they were, and to obtain signatures from the presenters as needed. If you attend sessions during every time slot, you might be able to accrue over 40 p.d. hours.
There will also be many textbook publishers in attendance exhibiting at their vendor booths at the conference, so if you're in the market for a new book, this is the place to meet with all of them at one time-
So...come one, come all...this is REALLY a conference that SHOULD NOT BE MISSED!!
Please email me directly with any additonal questions you may have (elizwaite@aol.com) and be sure to visit www.amtnys.org to register for both the conference and a hotel room.
Hope to see you there!
Liz

Elizabeth Waite