Date: Sep 13, 2012 10:02 AM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: Position Announcement: Univ. of Alabama

Gary Tupper Posted: Sep 12, 2012 1:10 PM

>Chandy's "problem" is the only "problem". Intelligent,
>observant folk realize that we all now live in a
>multicultural environment - the so-called 'Global
>Village'. Perhaps better labelled as a "challenge" than
>a "problem".

Obviously not. Take Haiti for example. In Haiti, the vernacular is Creole ("Kreyol"), but the language of instruction in all Haitian schools is French. This means that nowhere on Planet Earth is Creole the language of instruction---except in New York City public schools.

Now, you tell me, Gary, what is that about?

Haim
Shovel ready? What shovel ready?

------- End of Forwarded Message