Date: Oct 9, 2012 12:16 PM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: An Algebra 2 Test

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Haim <hpipik@netzero.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM
To: math-teach@mathforum.org

Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Oct 9, 2012 1:49 AM

>People need to look beneath the surface to see what the
>truth really is, which includes the following set of
>facts that shows that not only is there no collapse of
>public education in the US, we have very much the
>opposite:

- ------------------
http://www.cfr.org/united-states/us-education-reform-national-security/p27618
"Educational failure puts the United States' future economic prosperity, global position, and physical safety at risk," warns the Task Force, chaired by Joel I. Klein, former head of New York City public schools, and Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. secretary of state.

> Note the bipartisan nature of the messengers.

They're not messengers. They're putting forth propaganda that is contradicted by all the many facts I in
"Re: An Algebra 2 Test"
cite and link to, proving beyond all doubt that not only is there no collapse of US public education, it is quite the opposite.

Joel Klein was assistant attorney general under President Bill Clinton (D),

He is no progressive - and working for Clinton means nothing as to whether one is a progressive. Even Dick Morris worked for Clinton!

>In other words, everybody thinks American public education has collapsed.
>?

All who think that two people equals everybody needs to tell us what their formal mathematics training is. Oh, and by the way, you still refuse to tell us what math courses you took in college. One wonders why - but after this false equality above, one can see perhaps why you do not answer the question of what your formal math training is.