Date: Oct 14, 2012 3:56 PM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: US teachers are overworked and underpaid

Yes, the 8-hour workday under contract in your county (and the fact that the contract says that a teacher is allowed to teach a seventh period) and looking at the teacher contracts of other counties (all over the Internet), and much other fact is proof that neither you nor anyone else can infer what the average teacher's workday in your county and in the nation actually is and how those hours are distributed into teaching and non-teaching hours and how they are calculated simply from the "school day" of a single student, especially if that student is in a charter public school.

I reiterate everything I said in my prior two posts

and