Date: Oct 25, 2012 4:12 AM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Why?

On Oct 24, 2012, at 7:55 PM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:

> See the links I gave to all those past posts of mine.

I did see the links, that is why we are talking about pretending to teach children algebra. My question was, if the student can't see arithmetic, why do you think they can see algebra? It appears that you are trying to use a rote trick just to get the student through the topic, and all teachers probably face this situation with students that struggle. However, they pretend to teach algebra during algebra, not arithmetic. Should I call you lesson "pretending to teach arithmetic" instead?

Bob Hansen