Date: Oct 25, 2012 10:51 PM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Per capita GDP and how it is distributed is not all that important?
>> Tell that to places like Haiti.
>>

> This looks like it might be some kind of response to what I wrote, but
> maybe not.

I say the same about all the below. I have no idea what you trying to get at. I mean, there will always be basic considerations, like:

Would you rather have an ever increasing percentage of US jobs made available by US employers pay ever closer to the poverty line, which is what has been happening in the US starting with Reagan, or would you prefer something else? (The anti-union legislation avalanche starting at the beginning of Reagan has resulted in not only the ever-increasing devastation of the demand side of the US economy, but between 1980 and 2000 the number of employers offering pensions to retire on decreased from 100,000 to 10,000, a 90% drop. And those richest countries of Europe kept their good paying jobs and their pensions because they did not buy into the lies of conservatism - and they are still completing globally just fine thank-you very much.)

Would you rather have an ever decreasing percentage of the US population getting the loans they need to start a business of their own, which is what has been happening in the US starting with Reagan and has gotten to the point where the percentage of the population that owns their own business has been cut in half since the beginning of Reagan, or would you prefer something else? (When you take the regulations off the banks more and more such they can make more money more easily more quickly doing something else than lending it to American citizens so that they can become capitalists, then, hello?)

And on and on.