Date: Oct 27, 2012 7:49 PM
Author: Dixie Ross
Subject: RE: [ap-calculus] Precalculus Conics

NOTE:
and post messages there.
We do teach that topic in precal even though it's not necessary for BC Calculus. We are preparing the kids for more than just that one course and I don't know when else they would have an opportunity to see it. Kids do need to be able to convert from parametric to rectangular and the conic sections give them some good practice with that.

dixie