Date: Oct 29, 2012 1:16 PM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Kirby Urner Posted: Oct 29, 2012 12:04 AM
>

>>There is some truth to the notion that evangelical
>>Christianity in North America had a lot to do with
>>developing pro-slavery doctrines that are also useful in
>>pursuing a kind of American "exceptionalism" also known
>>as "triumphalism" and "adventurism".

> OMG!!! Can somebody please make them stop?!
>
> Haim
> No representation without taxation.

What's your problem guy? I happen to be reading
'The Origins of Proslavery Christrianty: White and
Black Evangelicals in Colonial and Antebelllum
Virginia" by Charles F. Irons (c) 2008, University
of North Carolina Press.

I'm also reading overlapping titles (in terms of
topic) like 'Slavery and the Meetinghouse' and
'Fit for Freedom, Not Friendship' (both about
Quakers and their attitudes toward slavery and
African-Americans since the 1600s).

I think my case is quite solid. Christians talk
about "God's Plan" for America. "Manifest
Destiny" and "slavery" went together in a lot
of peoples minds.

Kirby