Date: Oct 30, 2012 12:58 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

Kirby Urner Posted: Oct 30, 2012 12:16 PM

>> You are committing a chomskyism.

>Your efforts to pick on an MIT academic by turning his
>name into a logical flaw of some kind: did you make that
>up or am I going to find out what you've been reading?
>Who's spreading this one? Inquiring minds want to know.

I made it up all by myself. Well, if I heard it somewhere else I forgot, and I am sorry, and I would gladly give attribution. But, so far as I know, I made it up myself.

>I've been looking at how "run of the mill" Quakers
>before Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation were...

I was hoping you would write something like that. Look, I get that this medium is severely limited and it is possible to fall far short of conveying one's full intent despite one's best efforts. So, there you are reading about some fringe group---you are perfectly entitled to do so---and making a comment with only that fringe group in mind. I get that. But, I can only react to what I actually read, and your comment sounded like a fairly broad generalization that is contrary to some pretty massive historical evidence to the contrary.

So, okay. Now that we got that cleared up, no harm no foul, everybody back to their places and let's carry on.

Haim
No representation without taxation.