Date: Nov 5, 2012 9:27 AM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

Peter Duveen Posted: Nov 5, 2012 6:19 AM

>By the way, the Council on Foreign Relations recently
>issued a report on education and national security.
>Y'all might want to take a look. Google it.

Peter,

This report is old news in this forum. But for some trivial details, the CFR report on education is identical to whatever reports were made in the Sputnik era, identical to the famous "Nation At Risk" report (circa 1983), and generally presses well worn buttons. In other words, one can truly say: nothing new here.

My own view on this matter can be encapsulated in the famous phrase out of a Sherlock Holmes story, "the dog that did not bark". That is, the ideas presented in the CFR report are old and dusty but, like every commission and panel before them since 1957, they studiously avert their eyes from the nature of the fundamental problem. They do not discuss it, they do not even mention it. No recognition whatsoever about the nature of this old and very well understood problem. In short, by telling us something we already know perfectly well, it is a perfectly worthless report.

In other words, this lacuna is so flagrant, and the task force being a group of intelligent people, one has to wonder what they are really after.

Haim
No representation without taxation.