Date: Nov 12, 2012 2:20 AM
Author: Achimota
Subject: Re: countable set of closed subspaces in separable Hilbert space question

On Monday, November 12, 2012 11:21:30 AM UTC+8, William Elliot wrote:
> How for example, are you defining
> ||X - X_n|| for sets X and X_n?

William, I think you bring up a very good point. My "definition" of the limit of a sequence of subspaces is ill-defined. In fact, I don't even have a definition for X-X_n, and am not sure a good way to define the norm ||Y|| of a subspace Y.

Maybe that is why some authors use the uncountable union of subset condition in their definition of MRAs in wavelet analysis.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help
Dan