Date: Nov 19, 2012 2:27 PM
Author: Derek Abeyta
Subject: Return value from Java to MATLAB

I currently have a script that uses Java to do a certain set of keypress for cut and paste operations. These keypresses run asynchronous with MATLAB and therefore MATLAB does not wait on these keypresses to occur before continuing on with the rest of the script. I am currently using a pause(delay) method but I would like to eliminate the use of a pause and just have Java communicate to MATLAB that it has completed the sequence of robot operations. I am thinking if Java can return a variable/value to MATLAB, I can have MATLAB wait on this variable to arrive before executing the rest of the script. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you.