Date: Nov 26, 2012 10:24 AM
Author: Ben Bacarisse
Subject: Re: A new math usenet group

quasi <quasi@null.set> writes:

> Tonico wrote:
<snip>
>>but only for trolls, cranks, or any other bored cyberscum (WM,
>>Archimedes P., Musatov, Herc = Cooper, Julio, etc.) to live
>>without any fear of being kicked out at once.

> Cranks and trolls are no big deal -- they are easily ignored.

That's true for experienced readers with good software, but that's only
half the problem. A newsgroup won't thrive without new readers and
posters, and many people looking for the first time won't necessarily
see that mathematics gets discussed here.

I don't see a solution -- just lamenting the cost of free speech.

<snip>
--
Ben.