Date: Nov 27, 2012 1:29 PM
Author: Steven Lord
Subject: Re: Embedding using Genetic Algorithm

"Jisna Antony" <jisnava@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:k8hjs2$70d$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com...
> I'm doing a project on speech steganograpjy using GA. But I've no idea
> about how to do genetic algorithm in matlab. For embedding I'm using
> Genetic Algorithm based embedding method. In MathWorks also I can't find
> any postings that tells us a basic structure of Genetic Algorithm, how to
> perform cross-over and mutation operations etc.
>
> A small idea of what I want to do with matlab is as:
> Ex. We have to embedd 31 in 1056
> 1056=0000010000100000
> 31=11111
> Direct LSB replacement, = 0000010000111111(=1087, differs very much from
> 1056)
> GA replacement, = 0000010000011111 (=1055, close to 1056),
> Idea: Keep the lsb 5 bits(secret data -31) as such and change the
> remaining bits
> so that the new changed value is closer to the original (1056 here). How
> to do this with GA?

You can create custom crossover and mutation functions for use with GA.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/gads/genetic-algorithm-options.html

The description of the Custom value for each option indicates the signature
your custom function for that option must have. As long as it accepts the
specified inputs and returns an appropriate output, you can do whatever you
want inside your custom function.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com