Date: Dec 3, 2012 4:03 AM
Author: Andrzej Kozlowski
Subject: Re: M8 parallel to M9 installation

There is no need for any such option.

I have Mathematica 6,7,8 and now 9 installed on the same MacBook Pro.
They all work without any problems at all. The only thing that I do is
renaming - all the versions before the latest I rename to "Mathematica
version number" (e.g Mathematica 6) and the latest version is just
called Mathematica. That's all you need to do, at least under Mac OS X
(I am sure the same must be true on other platforms).

Andrzej Kozlowski