Date: Dec 3, 2012 10:31 PM
Author: Jonathan Crabtree
Subject: Re: Treatment of Negative Numbers

> Here is a neat one on transforming equations...
>
> http://glifos.cah.utexas.edu/index.php/MBeberman:E_mb_
> 0041
>
> Nothing extraordinary, other than reminiscing, but at
> 18:50 he previsions the use of a "classroom clicker"
> when he asks the students to mouth the answer so that
> the others cannot hear. Anyone notice him asking on
> only the brightest kid (that would be the boy at the
> far right middle of the classroom)? At 17:00 you find
> out what happens to the brightest kid in the class.:)
>
> Do most of you force the students through every step
> in these transformations?
>
> Bob Hansen

Hi Bob

I just wanted to thank you for posting the links in this thread. I have downloaded the scanned chapters and will look forward to exploring the videos.

Do you know any archives of elementary math? Apart from standard English texts, I have bought the complete sets of elementary math books from Singapore, China and Japan and would like to contrast these with the pre-cold war US equivalents.

Thanks again!

Jonathan :)