Date: Dec 4, 2012 12:39 AM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: WG 13 Announcement: CERME 8 [Turkey]

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Members of Math-Teach will be delighted to hear that multicultural celebrations continue all over the world. In the NY Times article below, the reporter makes much of the fact that, in Western Pakistan, it is Sunnis killing Shiites. No doubt, that is an important ingredient in the multiculti salad. Not to be minimized, though, is that the region is predominantly Pashto speaking Pashtuns and the victims are mainly Persian speaking Hazaras. In other words, multiculturalism in multi dimensions.
>
> This kind of celebration is coming soon to a neighborhood near you, thanks to our multiculti friends in the Education Mafia.

These are not celebrations of multiculturalism. They are celebrations of monoculturalism, the philosophy of intolerance and hatred of all cultures other than one's own.

More on the joys of monoculturalism:

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutor-ga-murder-case-uncovers-terror-plot-173341769.html

"LUDOWICI, Ga. (AP) ? Four Army soldiers based in southeast Georgia killed a former comrade and his girlfriend to protect an anarchist militia group they formed that stockpiled assault weapons and plotted a range of anti-government attacks, prosecutors told a judge Monday."

To be educated about the facts, the reader may see the following:

"How and why multicultural tolerance is superior to monocultural intolerance"
http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2388571

In addition to my post

"The violence Haim notes is not of multiculturalism, but of monoculturalism"
http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2387689

where I address the general idea of multiculturalism that the state and the population in general should not embrace the inherently pro-violence philosophy of monoculturalism, a philosophy that decrees that one and only one culture should be allowed to exist, consider what Amy Chua, the John M. Duff, Jr. Professor of Law at Yale Law School, says in her prior books

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Chua#Books

especially her *Day of Empire: How Hyperpowers Rise to Global Dominance - and Why They Fall* (2007) to see how and why tolerance of multiple cultures is a necessary condition for a world power to be even greater and be a world hyperpower. She explains how it was tolerance of different cultures that resulted in seven of the world powers of history becoming even greater as the seven world hyperpowers of history, and that the first six fell because they lost their tolerance of different cultures - the seventh hyperpower of history is the US, which is in danger of decline because of increasing intolerance by some segments of US society of different cultures.

In addition to reading this book by Amy Chua and seeing what she says in her lecture at the Levin Institute available in 10 parts at YouTube, where

"Amy Chua: Day of Empire
by Bard Globalization and International Affairs Program"
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL35203683567D13AF

It's an obscenely stupid claim that multiculturalism - the philosophy that there should be tolerance of other cultures - causes such violence when it is actually the racism analog of monoculturalism that causes it, monoculturalism being the philosophy that only one culture should be allowed to exist, this being the one supreme culture, and that there should be no tolerance of all other cultures.

Monoculturalism is inherently fascist - a true evil inherently against the ideals of democracy.

The Nazi and communist and other big-time butchers of the 20th century were all practitioners of monoculturalism extraordinaire.

Amy Chua got it right.