Date: Dec 5, 2012 3:11 AM
Author: George Woodrow III
Subject: Modifying Default Stylesheet

Hi --

I have issues with the use of Arial in the default stylesheet in version 9. I would like to replace all instances of Arial in the stylesheet with something else (such as Times).

I found the location of the default stylesheet (in the package contents -- I'm using OS X).

I can open the stylesheet file in BBEdit and do a simple search/replace of the FontFamily. If I then save this file, all references will be replaced.

My question is, will I mess anything up by doing this?

I have read previous threads about modifying a stylesheet and then using the Options inspector to set this as the default. The problem with this is that the edited stylesheets are 'delta' documents, and record only changes. I can never be sure that I have overwritten all instances of Arial (for example) in all the various options.

I can do a test (making a copy of the original default) on my 'home use' computer, but even if it seems to work initially, I would like to know if there are any hidden issues.

Thanks.

george woodrow