Date: Dec 7, 2012 2:00 AM
Author: plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
Subject: spammers in sci.physics like BroilJab, Kevin, HVAC, Sam Wormley

We see some improvement in sci.math already with the New Googles
Newsgroups where many of the off topic post abusers are being deleted.

Such as the Kevin constant off-topic posts. I opined that Kevin was
doing it because he is scisick (chips on the shoulder). And to get his
daily kick by irritating people with off topic posts.

But I opined that BroilJab was just Kevin again with a different name.
So that Kevin was off-topic abuse, but in combination with BroilJab
and perhaps even HVAC (another pseudoname for Kevin) that in
combination, their second game is that of filling up the poster board
with their nonsense so that the worthwhile physics and math posts are
buried.

So we have OFF Topic abusers

And we have what I call Poster HOGS that aim to bury the worthwhile
posts.

There is no better example of a Poster Hog at this moment than Sam
Wormley. I opine it is a computer program and not a person.

Anyway, a typical Wormley spam post is a post of just one or two lines
referring to some other website. What is so obnoxious about that, is
it knocks of all the worthwhile posts when Wormley does about 10 of
them at a time.

Now I myself do at most about 3 or 4 posts per day but when Wormley
does it as a Poster Hog, he consumes the entire board.

So, what is the sense of someone reading a list of headlines and
posting 10 of those 1 liners, just so that he can bump off all the
posters who had something worthwhile to say about physics.

The old classic of Poster Hogs was the "Solutions Manuals" which they
cared less about selling manuals and more about bumping off all
worthwhile posts.

AP