Date: Dec 8, 2012 3:47 AM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Matheology � 170

In article
<8b96b15b-71f0-4c15-aabd-5887fd7aaab4@10g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 7 Dez., 22:35, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <e903ef43-fcb6-43f7-8ce3-e61c725ff...@8g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > A unit times aleph_0 is aleph_0.
> >
> > That presumes that Aleph_0 is amenable to some sort of multiplication
> > and division.
> >
> > A claim that requires proof, as Aleph_0 is not a member of any of the
> > sets of numbers for which multiplication is defined, and is not a unit
> > of measure, like yards or metres, that can be halved or doubled
> > meaningfully.
> > --

> Try to learn set theory, for instance here:
> http://www.hs-augsburg.de/~mueckenh/GU/GU11.PPT#355,28,Folie 28

For WM to think that I, or any other mathematician, would look to any
publication because he endorses it, much less one that is apparently
written by him, to learn anything about set theory in particular or
mathematics in general, is a totally unwarranted exhibition of
arrogance.

Note that WM occasionally does copy from competent mathematicians, but
their competence is known in spite of it, rather than because it.