Date: Dec 9, 2012 2:47 PM
Author: Zaljohar@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Mathematics in brief

On Dec 9, 9:45 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> You believe in undefinable numbers. But what should that belief be
> good for??? We can believe anything we like of undefinable numbers
> like of unicorns.

No you cannot of course. If you are working within the intended model
of say Z, then you cannot believe for example that there are finitely
many undefinable numbers, nor you can believe that there are countably
many of them, also just because there is no parameter free finitary
formula after which a number is defined this doesn't mean that you
lose the known properties of the reals like trichotomy, total
ordering, etc...

Zuhair