Date: Dec 9, 2012 10:20 PM
Author: Steven Lord
Subject: Re: Attempt to execute SCRIPT FILENAME as a function: Use Mex in MAC

"Duckhwan " <> wrote in message
> I try to use function 'FILENAME' in my matlab script.
> I have mexglx file. (I'm working on MacOSX 10.8.2)

MEX-files are platform-specific. For Mac, you will need a version of the
MEX-file compiled on Mac. It will have the extension .mexmaci64.

Before you try it, renaming your Linux MEX-file to have that extension won't
work. You will need to recompile or ask the person that gave it to you to
recompile it.

> When I try, the error message is "Attempt to execute SCRIPT FILENAME as a
> function:"

That directory must have a script file (containing help text) with the
extension .m and the same name as the MEX-file. If MATLAB can't find a
MEX-file for the architecture on which you're running MATLAB, but there's a
MATLAB program file with the extensions .m or .p, MATLAB will attempt to
execute that program file.

Steve Lord