Date: Dec 17, 2012 9:43 AM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?

On Dec 17, 2012, at 6:14 AM, Jeff Bishop <Jeff@Bishop.NET> wrote:

> acceptance of mass public shootings on a level that makes Americans blush.

So, when my son got home Friday, I asked him if anyone had mentioned the news at school. He replied "What news?" and I said "Oh, nothing." He was on his way to play with friends and I didn't see the need to inform him. I suppose I shouldn't have even asked. He begged "Tell me, what news???" Again, I said "It was nothing. Go on and play." On the third request he asked "You mean the school shooting?" I hesitantly responded "Um, yeah, the school shooting. So you did hear about it. Did your teachers talk to you about it?" He said "No, I heard about it on the radio." I asked "What radio? There aren't any radios at school."

He said "Last week, in mommy's car."

Bob Hansen