Date: Dec 19, 2012 12:14 PM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?

On Dec 19, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Gary Tupper <gtupper@peda.com> wrote:

> Namely, gun-possessors would gradually become pariahs in society. The ultimate aim being that gun-users would ultimately be limited to law enforcement officers and violent criminals. Legitimate hunters would still be able to use their hunting rifles. Gun clubs & rifle ranges would still exist, but the local police stations would store the firearms.

Ok, you seem to have a plan for managing the guns of law abiding citizens. And the point was?

Surprisingly, this discussion is very appropriate on math-teach. How many reforms follow this exact same pattern? You go in thinking that the point was to improve math education. You find methods that don't appear aimed at that point at all. You ask the teacher "What gives?" She responds "Our results are more equitable."

Bob Hansen