Date: Dec 20, 2012 9:35 AM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social<br> engineering'?

Further my post of Dec 20, 2012 2:46 PM (just published) at this thread, I also suggest that, if what you really want to do is (as has been propounded here practically ad infinitum):

"TO PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!" or

"TO BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!"

then THAT is precisely what you should go out and do or get done (without further gassification).

We could, on the other hand, effectively put together good ideas from all the stakeholders in education to:

"Develop an effective public education system for the USA" (if such is what is actually desired).

Tools described at the attachments to my message at http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2419536 would be most useful for anyone who wishes to work towards such a goal (minimizing unfruitful gassification during the process).

As noted earlier, the use and application of these tools to any issue demands some (a very little) learning along with some (a fair bit of) 'unlearning' as a prerequisite. It should be observed that:

i) The learning and the 'unlearning' will have to proceed in tandem;

ii) 'Unlearning' is quite considerably more difficult to do than learning. Some people are never able to unlearn. This generally means that those people will never be able learn the specific things that are needed to apply these tools to practical issues.

Some remarks just published at my message http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7941809
might be useful for the learning and 'unlearning'.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!")