Date: Dec 23, 2012 8:23 AM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar

Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Dec 22, 2012 4:49 PM

>> I commented on "the explosion" in the number of gifted
>> and talented children in NYC, a biological and
>> statistical improbability. To put it another way,
>> this "explosion" shines a revealing light on the
>> dishonesty of The Education Mafia. That they are
>> playing at something is perfectly clear. Just exactly
>> what they are playing at can be debated.

>This is false since not only does this "mafia" not
>exist, but, as evidenced by what the cited article
>itself says, it is parental pressure that has and still
>is dictating things here.

The NY Times article is about the sibling preference policy for school enrollment and parental pressure has to do with that. The article mentions, in passing,

"Amid an explosion in the number of students who qualify for the seats [in gifted and talented programs]..."

and you find nothing odd about that?

Haim
No representation without taxation.