Date: Dec 24, 2012 10:23 AM
Author: george
Subject: Re: Simple Refutation of Cantor's Proof

On Dec 24, 3:01 am, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You run down the Diagonal  5 8 3 ...
>
> IN YOUR MIND - you change each digit ONE AT A TIME

NO, DUMBASS, YOU DON'T do that.
You WRITE A DEFINITION of A NEW OBJECT that has a property with
respect
TO EVERY row & column OF THE EXISTING list, ALL AT THE SAME time.

> 0.694...
>
> but this process NEVER STOPS

That DOESN'T MATTER, DUMBASS.

> and you NEVER CONSTRUCT A NEW DIGIT SEQUENCE!

NOTHING EVER *NEEDS* to be constructed, DUMBASS!
YOU DON'T represent the function f(x)=2*x by
some INFINITE LIST of pairs of doubles that you have to store
in a computer! You just store a short finite list OF INSTRUCTIONS
that say "if your input is n, let your output be double it".
THE END. IT DOES NOT MATTER that you can't call all infinity
differnt arguments at once, or in any order. The DEFINITION OF THE
FUNCTION IS STILL ALREADY COMPLETE,
DUMBASS.
DITTO
the definition of the anti-diagonal.
If we are doing decimal digits, then AD(n) = 9-L(n,n).
FOR ALL n. *THE END*.
IT DOES NOT MATTER than you couldn't finish writing out all of them if
you had to go 1 at a time.
You couldn't do THAT with any INDIVIDUAL row or column of the ORIGINAL
list EITHER!
*THAT* does *NOT* matter!!!!

> There are INFINITE PATHS occupying each row and collumn
> that make 5 8 3 and 6 9 4

OF COURSE there are! There are HYPER-infinity different paths through
the rows and columns!
That's OUR point! That makes YOU *more* wrong!

> There is NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THOSE DIGITS OR THAT SEQUENCE!

There's exactly ONE thing special about it: IT'S *NOT*ON* the list!
And there's HYPER-INFINITY MORE of them that are ALSO NOT ON the list!
So the list IS NOT the list OF ALL of them!