Date: Dec 28, 2012 12:46 PM
Author: Vincent
Subject: draw line over an image

Hi,
I've found info regarding how to draw a line on an image/picture however I would like to draw a line or circle in a different function that the one that the picture was created.

picture is created in my opening function

axes(handles.axes9);
image1=imread('picture.png');
test=image(image1,'Parent',handles.axes9);
set(handles.axes9,'xtick',[],'ytick',[]);
guidata(hObject,handles);

when I push a button I want to make a circle on this picture

axis(handles.axes9)

I can call the axis where the picture is but from here I'm not really sure how to call the pictures handle. I was able to draw a line on the axes1 but thats not what I want.
Thank you, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!