Date: Jan 1, 2013 4:14 PM
Author: ross.finlayson@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Uncountable Diagonal Problem

On Dec 31 2012, 10:38 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <18e2734f-e4d6-454a-a6bf-c8aae886d...@6g2000pbh.googlegroups.com>,
>

> > I see you won't quite comprehend, a scene of a battle of wits:
> >http://princessbride.8m.com/script.htm#19.

> It is a battle to which you come unarmed.
>
> And you are not immunized against your own poison.
> --

Well that's ridiculous anybody knows the whiff of cyanide killed the
scheming bastard, and there wasn't anything in the drink.

Heh, "unarmed to a battle of wits", my, that's fresh. You make that
up yourself? Way to go, Shakespeare. As people who know me will tell
you, I'm free of wit.

Heh, way to go: Einstein. Now, this is sci.math, humor is irrelevant
if appreciated

The transfinite course-of-passage in well-ordering the reals sees a
diminishing interval. Do the endpoints of the interval meet, in the
well-ordering? A critical point of Cantor's first is that the
intersection is non-empty.

And, it's pointedly obvious you aren't answering that, yet.

So, in the denoument: is the well-ordering a well-ordering, or not?
Get off your bluff and call it.

Regards,

Ross Finlayson