Date: Jan 12, 2013 9:49 PM
Author: markofmod@gmail.com
Subject: Proof of Uniqueness of Trivial (1,2) Cycle In Collatz Function (was<br> Re: Proof of the Collatz Conjecture)

Although I am certain that I have foolishly squandered any and all credibility at this point, I thought that I should let you all know that I have salvaged something of import from my paper. I now have a proof that there are no cycles other than the trivial (1,2) cycle for the Collatz function on the positive integers. I have replaced my previous paper (the flawed proof of the Collatz conjecture) with this new paper at the same link.

I am continuing to meet with my colleagues and discuss the matter. As always, I would appreciate any and all comments, even if you just want to call me a "delusional crank" again.

Sincerely,
Mark A. Durham
mark@redquark.com